Guidelines for Commercial Service
- Click here for a printable version (.pdf)
Valley Waste Service, Inc. is dedicated to providing you, our customer, with consistent, reliable service. Meeting your specific collection needs will always be our first priority. Your adherence to the guidelines below will help us meet this goal. Please forward these guidelines to your maintenance supervisor to keep for reference.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm
. You may contact us at (724) 843-9373 (Ohio - 330-482-9660). If you call after hours, you may leave a voice mail message and your call will be returned on the next business day.
1. Commercial containers must be placed on a solid surface (such as concrete, blacktop, compacted stone, etc.). Please be aware, however, that depending on the type and thickness of surface, our trucks may leave ruts when the ground is soft. When deciding on where to place your container, please pay special attention to overhead obstacles such as wires, tree limbs, roof overhangs, etc. to avoid damage to your property and our trucks. Our container delivery driver can help you safely locate your container(s).
2. Please do not overload the container. This can cause the container to be unserviceable due to height or weight. If you have waste that will not fit into the container, please stack neatly beside the container and phone our customer service department to advise that you have extra waste. Extra yardage is anything above the level closed lid position and/or trash beside the container. Our drivers will document any extra waste they encounter at a customer site on their daily route sheets. This extra yardage will be charged to your account.
Extra yardage charges are necessary to cover costs for disposing of more waste than scheduled as well as the additional man hours spent at a stop with extra waste and subsequent delays on the route.
3. Please keep the container lids closed to keep out any rain and snow. Do not place anything in front of the container. The driver cannot empty the container if it is not accessible. If container is blocked or unavailable, the cost for a truck to do a return trip (if one is available) can range from $25.00 to $50.00 depending on the service area.
If account is a “hand stop” (bags or cans only) trash must
be set out the night before the scheduled pick-up day. If trash is not out when the truck arrives, the cost for sending a truck back (if one is available) can range from $25.00 to $50.00 depending on the service area.
4. We can accept bulk items such as: appliances, water heaters, wood material and large pieces of furniture but these items must be placed outside the container. Additional charges may be assessed for these items. Please contact our customer service department to arrange for pick-up.
Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners etc., which may have contained chlorofluorocarbons, must be tagged certifying that no gas remains in the appliance. We can do this for the customer, however, these items must be picked up separately, and there will be additional charges for certification.
5. ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED FOR COLLECTION:
Due to state regulations, we CANNOT accept excrement, flammable liquids (solvent, paint thinners, oil, containers holding liquid paints, gas, kerosene or any liquids), auto batteries or parts or any material that may be considered hazardous, infectious or toxic. Please call our Customer Service Department for information on how to dispose of such items.
These items include, but are not limited to:
- Refuse caused by repairs, alterations, remodeling, demolition and/or construction of buildings and other structures, including paving materials, stones, sand, dirt, sod and broken concrete.
- Automobile parts, lead-acid batteries, paints, stains, flammable liquids, metal 55 gallon drums, metal grease drums, liquids and other chemicals.
- Bushes, shrubs or other vegetation with earth or soil attached to root system, tree trunks, parts of tree trunks or tree trunks that have been cut into smaller pieces.
- Propane and oxygen tanks, gun ammunition, explosives or fireworks.
- Tires (with or without rims).
6. During winter months, please be sure to keep snow from the front of the container or enclosure, and be certain that any gates are not frozen shut so we are able to service the container. Again, keep the lids closed. Snow will make the container heavy and in cold weather will freeze solid materials inside, preventing a complete empty while being serviced.
7. If the container is inside an enclosure, please be sure there is a way to secure gates so they will remain open while driver is servicing container. It is best to place stops at the back of the enclosure to prevent the container from damaging any masonry wall when serviced. If you wish to build an enclosure for your container, please phone us first for measurements for the container.
8. HOLIDAY OBSERVANCES: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
At our discretion, our drivers may service your container a day early, on the holiday or a day late during the week of an observed holiday. Please notify our customer service department if the container will not be accessible to our driver on any of these days (such as when the gates are locked), and also if your Company will be closed any additional days during the holiday season that we will not be able to service your container.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service your disposal needs. We can provide a full range of solid waste disposal and recycling services. Our commercial containers and roll-off boxes range in size from 1 yard to 40 yards in capacity. Please call the Customer Service Dept. for additional information or to request a visit by one of our salespersons.
> Request Service / Information
> Back to Commercial Services
> View Container Specifications
> Contact Us